Grow is the CultureHive intensive programme, delivered by The Audience Agency, that will guide you through the steps of writing and delivering your audience development plan - from audit to implementation.
Running August 2015 to February 2016, you will work individually and in small groups with peers from across the sector to create a framework for your own strategic audience development plan.
What will you gain?
- Understand key audience development and strategic marketing concepts
- Learn new tools and approaches that help build engagement with your target audiences
- Hear inspiring case studies from cultural organisations' successful audience development approaches
- Share knowledge with peers and colleagues
- Apply what you have learnt in your own bespoke audience development plan
- Embed learning with a follow up one-to-one surgery session
The programme will comprise:
- Diagnostic: Developing understanding – August/September 2015, by arrangement. (During this one-to-one session, an expert trainer will guide you through an ‘audit’ of your audiences and catchment area to help you understand your organisation’s position in the market place). This will form the starting point for your audience development plan in advance of the first workshop.
- Two full day, interactive training workshops:
- Planning strategy – 13 October 2015, 10am -5pm at Sheffield Theatres
- Putting it into action – 24 November 2014, 10am-5pm at Nottingham Contemporary
- Follow up one-to-one surgery support - January – February 2016, by arrangement.
For more detailed information on the workshops and sessions above, download the Grow information sheet: Grow Programme and Trainers 15-16
How to book
To express your interest, please complete the online form. Space is limited to just 25 places.
What previous Grow participants have said of our training:
The diagnostic session was so useful to us. It helped demystify the concept of audience development and put it into context with clear and relevant action points. The greatest part was finding out that we already had all the required elements and that we just need to pull these together to produce a realistic and sustainable plan.
Camille Bensoussan, UPSWING – Grow 2014 participant
Fantastic speakers – very engaging and relatable (the diagnostic session alone was very helpful)! Grounded, inspiring and genuinely presented workshops – thank you. Walking away with lots of new ideas.
Katherine Caddy, Crescent Arts – Grow 2014 participant
I feel better able to complete and implement my plan.
Hopeton Walker, UK Centre for Carnival Arts – Grow 2014 participant
CultureHive best practice
Managed by the Arts Marketing Association in partnership with The Audience Agency, part of Arts Council England’s Audience Focus programme, supported by Lottery funding.