How we can help you build resilience
Reach, relevance and resilience are inseparable; in helping you to become more resilient, we connect them – in your strategies and plans, programme delivery, ways of working and the minds of those that deliver them.
As we discovered in our resilience research, commissioned by Arts Council England, to succeed, a resilience strategy needs to be driven by those who benefit from your work. Resilience depends on reaching relevant audiences and providing experiences, services and products that are relevant to them, not merely on delivering artistic excellence to the masses. By the same token, achieving long-term reach and relevance, the pillars of your organisational mission, is dependent upon a foundation of resilience.
As a mission-led arts, culture or heritage organisation, you are likely adept at driving these 3 Rs through certain avenues: artistic excellence; cultural vision; funding priorities. The Audience Agency can broaden that innate perspective by looking through other lenses:
- People – considering your customers, audiences, visitors, participants and more, across all your experiences, services and products, not just public events or activities.
- Financial – understanding how a business model that combines earned income, funding and creating assets can enable to latter to generate its own money and other value over time.
- Wider funding and policy – looking beyond the traditional arts, culture and heritage revenue funders to innovation, third sector, economic, technology, social impact, tourism, wellbeing and others.
We can help you:
- Benchmark your resilience – diagnose challenges as well as measure success.
- Improve your resilience – optimise your existing model and reduce risks through the smart application of insight and market intelligence.
- Respond to opportunities – recognise new things you can do and new people you can reach.
- Implement change – develop relationships with your public, governance, business plans, people, processes and systems.
- Build capacity – provide evidence-based tools to allow you to continue to innovate, change and focus.
- Clearer understanding – knowing what you can do to improve your organisation’s resilience.
- Growth in revenues – and improving their mix and/or focus.
- Growth in funding – finding new sources and strengthening case for existing funders.
- Increased reach and relevance – more meaningful engagement through better knowing and understanding your audiences and customers.
- A clear route map for change – one that feels doable and which everyone understands.
- New competence and confidence – in enterprise, strategic planning, research, public engagement and more.
We’ve been around the block with resilience:
- The Audience Agency has developed an understanding of the pressures and challenges facing the sector, through years of advising and supporting a wide range of organisations, as well as delivering nationally strategic projects like Audience Finder.
- Our enterprise arm, Golant Media Ventures (GMV), advises on and practically supports resilience in cultural organisations on behalf of Arts Council Wales and Arts Council England and directly.
- Together, we did the biggest ever study of resilience in the cultural sector for Arts Council England alongside their strategy review 2020-2030.
The Audience Agency can help you to build resilience