Areas of expertise:
- Digital, data and content strategy
- Data licensing and governance
- Business development
- Creative industries policy
- Place development
- Local government
As a Senior Consultant with TAA Tech Ventures Richard has worked on a variety of innovation projects in the cultural and heritage sectors. These have included projects to make better use of data and digital technologies to enable organisations to gain insights, connect with audiences or for organisational efficiency to improve services and cut costs.
For The Audience Agency, he's worked on several exciting and rewarding projects focusing on three main areas:
- Place-based support for the creative industries.
- Research reports on cultural and heritage activity.
- Improving the use of digital technologies in the cultural and heritage sector.
Richard spent nearly 25 years working for the BBC, starting as a journalist before moving into digital product and service development, then policy development and ending by leading engagement with the cultural sector on a groundbreaking data platform.
Richard has a degree in politics which probably explains why he's also an elected member of Southwark Council representing Dulwich Village. Outside work he enjoys the company of his family, riding a bike, sailing his boat, watching Arsenal and listening to every form of music except jazz.